Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

She's...*gasp*...one


I know, I know. I haven't blogged in a while, ok a REALLY long time. We'll get to that at a later date. The important part right now if for me to blog about my sweet, baby girl turning one rightaway!! I feel like it was literally last week that I was in the hospital, laying eyes on her for the very first time. People told me for the 10 months leading up to her birth that time would take on a new meaning when I had my first child and I never really listened. Well, I'm here to say...anyone who says that is absolutely correct. Some days, I wake her up hours after she's gone to bed because I miss her and I know she's changing, even in her sleep, and I don't want to miss anything! (this is bad, I realize, but she goes right back to sleep once I've gotten my fill) This has been the most challenging and rewarding year of my life and I just feel so lucky to be Caroline's mother. She's sweet, has the cutest crooked smile and HAS to smile at everyone that pays her any attention, and has such an infectious giggle that will make you do ANYTHING to get her to giggle more (which is usually pretty easy). She has a great disposition and for the most part only cries when she's ready for bed, plays independently, is incredibly smart and observant, and LOVES people. Happy First Birthday, my sweet Caroline Grace, and I hope this next year goes by MUCH more slowly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment