Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Birth Story

So, yeah it's been a LONG time since I posted.  But, I'm going to get better soon because it is HARD remembering if I sent all the grandparents the same pictures and told them all the same story about the latest cute thing Caroline did.  So, I'll start with an abbreviated version of how she got her, more for my own memory when I think I want another baby one day...
I was induced at 5pm on January 11th, 4 days after my due date.  Still only 2 cm dilated and not making an progress at that point, I was completely miserable and begged to be induced.  So, they started me on Cervadil at 5pm and gave me an Ambien to sleep. Riiiiiight.  Contractions started shortly after and I couldn't sleep, so I stayed up watching tv for most of the night while Seth attempted sleep on the reclining bed/chair.  At 7am they broke my water (really gross) and that REALLY got the show on the road.  The pain was no joke, but I held out for the epidural until 5-6 centimeters and then life got a lot better.  Well, I kept dilating, but the little miss refused to move down, so they made me roll from side to side over and over to try and get her to move.  Well in that time I started feeling more and more pain as the contractions grew closer together.  I finally got to 10 cm and they told me to push and I could feel E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.  I have never, ever felt pain like that before.  I kept telling the nurse, "Umm I don't think the epidural is working anymore because I seriously feel everything." Of course, she ignored me and told me the epidural wouldn't wipe all the pain away, blah, blah, blah.  I don't want to think about her right now because she was a nazi nurse.  Anyway, pushed for 2 hours and nothing.  Didn't move one single inch.  Doctor came in and offered for me to either continue pushing for 30 minutes or opt for the c-section...uhh yeah, I'm not pushing for one more single second.  So, they prepped me for the c-section while I continued to have contractions every other minute and felt like I was being ripped in half.  I get to the OR and the anesthesiologist waits for a contraction to start my spinal epidural...and says,"Oh wow, your epidural came out. No wonder you've been in so much pain." Yeah. That's right.  I was pushing for 2 hours with NO epidural.  So, he numbs me (best feeling in the world) and they bring Seth in, cut her out, she screams and screams and screams, Seth gets to go look at her (while I cry because I want to see her!), Seth brings her over and I cry more, he takes her away to the nursery and I cry ever more because now I'm totally alone, and they staple me up.  NINE POUNDS TEN OUNCES.  Did I mention I tried to push that for 2 hours?  They brought me to the recovery room where my teeth literally chattered so hard I thought I would break them.  I had lost a little too much blood and was freezing and pale and scary looking.  Anyway, the recovery was rough, but she was born healthy and happy and that's all I ever wanted.  She is perfect.  The end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment