Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011

Crib Sleepin'

Tonight officially marks the first night that Caroline will be sleeping in her crib.  We set up the video monitor which will help prevent me from walking in there every 20 minutes to look at her.  The only bad thing about that monitor is that I recently watched Paranormal Activity 2 for the first time, so the night vision feature on the monitor makes me think that an evil force is going to slowly start pulling her out of her crib any minute.  Buuut other than that I am in LOVE with this monitor. 
In other news, Seth came with me to the daycare on his lunch break to drop off all of Caroline's stuff for her first day on Monday.  That's right.  I go back to work on Monday and I have SUCH conflicting feelings.  On the one hand, I miss the legal world and the satisfaction I get from being productive at work.  I miss working on criminal motions, researching, being in court, and helping people.  On the other hand, I am still having a hard time even imagining myself dropping her off somewhere for a total stranger to take care of her.  They won't hold her and love her and kiss her and hug her like I do and that literally breaks my heart in two.  But, the ladies that will be taking care of her seem really nice and I really like the daycare.  Lots of security measures involving finger prints and codes and such. 
Well, time for mommy/daddy movie night....with the video monitor in my hand. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment