Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 25, 2011

4th of July..err..a couple weeks late!

Daytona Coke 400

My July 4th baby!
 So, for 4th of July weekend, we decided to take a trip to Daytona for the NASCAR Coke 400.  My mom offered to meet us in Brunswick and babysit overnight, even better! So, since Seth had Friday off, I took the day off too so we could enjoy a day off together.  He woke me up at 7:30 with the baby fed, bottles ready, and told me to get up because we were taking her to daycare and he was taking me out to breakfast! This was excellent news! So, we had a nice, relaxing day.  We had a babyless breakfast and went and worked out together at the base gym before packing for our night in Daytona.  But, then we started to miss the munchkin, so we picked her up early.  And then the next day we were off to Daytona! We met my mom for the baby swap and headed to the race and had a good time.  I will say that I definitely prefer Atlanta Motor Speedway to Daytona, but it was an experience nonetheless.  Some guys Seth works with got to roll out that huge flag and got free tickets to be out on the field and ended up meeting drivers.  But, my sweetie turned down that opportunity because I wouldn't have been able to go with him. (AWWWW!)  On the Fourth, we dressed Caroline up and attended a party at our friends' Nicci and Eric's house and had a nice time with friends.  We skipped out on fireworks this year, mostly because they started WAY past her bedtime, but we'll try them next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment